Book Haul #2 | Lara

by - 11:13 pm


Hi everyone!
This is going to be a short post, mostly me just naming books I bought on Interliber in November. I had time just now to do this and I think it will be cool to add some new things (that aren's reviews) to our blog, like Best of 2018 or something like All time favorite characters/villains.

This year I went a little too far and bought 21 books. I was saving money for this for a long time, well because this is one of the best events throughout the year. I was mostly buying books I read to fulfill my collection or organize my bookshelf, but I bought some new books I wanted to read. 

(Click the Read more button)

  1. A Court of Thorns and Roses Series



I read all books from A Court of Thorns and Roses series earlier this year and wanted to buy them for a while. I love Maas's work and these were really fun to read, although I was slightly annoyed i+with the lack of plot in A Court of Frost and Starlight. I also heard Maas is planning another spinoff book about Cassian and Nesta, so I'm excited about that.

2. An Illustrated History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld



This book is gorgeous. I bought it for two reasons: I am a hardcore desperate fangirl and it is beautiful. It is illustrated by Cassandra Jean and contains fun facts about characters from The Infernal Devices, The Last Hours, The Mortal Instruments and The Dark Artifices.

3. Children of Blood and Bone



 I read this book in September and loved it. Plus the cover is amazing so I had to add it to my bookshelf.

4. Divergent series (Croatian)


I read Divergent series a couple of years ago and I saw all of them were on sale so I decided to buy them even though they were in Croatian.

5. Kingdom of Ash



Since this was just a few weeks after a release of Kingdom of Ash, the last book in the Throne of Glass series, I was pretty surprised to see it on Croatian bookshelves. I wasn't expecting this book to be available in Croatia for another few months, but guess they (bookstore Znanje) starter getting books faster. Also, I really wanted to buy the white version, not the yellow one.

6. A Song of Ice and Fire



I only read A Game of Thrones from these series in January and I plan to continue (just don't know when) and I love Marin's work. I only hope he publishes the sixth book soon because the more I think about the show, the less I like it. 

7. Shades of Magic



 Shades of Magic series, by V.E. Schwab. I heard a lot of positive ratings for these books and this author. I decided to buy them because I was sure I would read them soon, and I did. Right now I am in process of finishing A Gathering of Shadows and I really like them.

8. The Fall of Gondolin



I would buy literally anything J.R.R.Tolkien wrote. Also, this hardcover is gorgeous.

You May Also Like

4 komentari

  1. Nice haul *u* I'm definitely jealous. I didn't even visit Interliber this year ;_; Oh well...

    And I agree, the white version is so much better than the gold/yellow thing. Actually, the whole series in the UK I believe, has the white cover theme, and the poor ya readers of America have all black covers except this last one XD Changing the theme halfway through, or at the end of a series is one of my largest pet peeves XD

    Anyways, I'm so happy you managed to get all this books. Except maybe the Divergent series. I kind of have a hate/love relationship with it e_e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so worried that the yellow copy of Kingdom of Ash would ruin my collection and was so relieved to see the other one xd
      And I can totally relate about the love/hate reltionship with divergent. I used to like couple of years ago, but now they are just meh
      -Lara

      Delete
  2. Oh and I forgot to say, your new blog design is absolutely FAB *U* I was kind of shocked by the complete overhaul XD I've actually been "inactive" the last week when it comes to visiting my fave book blogs so I had a lot of catching up to do. Anyways, when I got here, my first thought was "I must've clicked on the wrong link" XD I just want to say that it looks amazing and I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for us :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you♥ We're really glad you like it :D

      Delete