Best books of 2018 | Lara

by - 9:14 pm


Hello everyone!
I decided to do a little end view on my 2018, the best books I've read and my reading challenge. This year is my first year as a book reviewer and a blogger. I can say it was a lot of work for us, starting and maintaining this blog (there is always more, ha), but when I look back I can say I am pretty satisfied with everything we've accomplished since starting it.



I've completed my reading challenge (50 books) by reading 81 books in total, which is the most I've ever read in one year. Yay. It was a crazy year, with lots of great books, mostly YA fiction, fantasy or sci-fi. There were a few books I that I was eagerly expecting and counted days until their release and they didn't disappoint me at all. I will just point out some bookish highlights of 2018, like the longest and the ones I liked the most.
I'll just go through my Goodreads reading challenge chronologically and pick the winners, the order in which I list them isn't by likeability.

1.  Six of Crows duology

            

I decided to read this book earlier this year because of the huge hype that surrounded it. And I was absolutely delighted. This book has everything I want a good story to have, it's a little bit dark with amazing characters, squad goals, heist, plot twists and cool world building. Leigh Bardugo is one of my favorite authors and I am looking forward to her new duology about Nikolai :P

2. Stalking Jack the Ripper

             



Historical novel, Victorian Era. Is there anything else I need to say. I read the first two books in July and Escaping from Houdini was released in September and they were just... wow. The more I read them the better they got and I can't be sadder about the fact that THIS YEAR the last book will be released.


3. The Lunar Chronicles






Although I didn't quite like them from the beginning, these books were a big part of my 2018. In each, there were more characters to love and they are squad goals at it's finest.

4. Cruel Prince



Aside from being 2018 highlight, this book also became a highlight of my sadly, reading life. I didn't think I would enjoy a story about faeries so much, but the amount of scheming, politics, betrayal, and drama this book contains can't be ignored.

5. The Young Elites


       


First, Marie Lu mentions that Adelina is inspired by Darth Vader, is there anything else you need to love this book. Abused girl with enormous power, driven by blindless hatred, the amount of amazingness this book contains left me speechless multiple times.

6. Queen of Air and Darkness



A long-awaited sequel to The Dark Artifices by Cassandra Clare. I was really looking forward to this book, but it didn't quite live up to y expectations. It was really good, a 5 star read for sure, but how it was described and awaited I expected much more. It was still a big and important read since it was really long (the second longest, after 1008 pages of Kingdom of Ash).



So these would be the books that marked my 2018. Sure, there were lots of other great books I liked, but it would be too long to just list them all. I was planning to finish this post back in 2018, but I didn't make it, so it has a purpose of a little throwback.

You May Also Like

5 komentari

  1. Wow 81 books is AMAZING *U* I remember my beginnings, I could barely read 50 books XD

    The first 3 series you mentioned ARE EVERYTHING. Cinder is like the quirky sci-fi cousin, SJTR is the serious swoony mystery dude and SoC is the dark crime lord of books XD My explaining capabilities are off the charts XD

    Marie Lu is on my "always-check-her-books-out" list, and The Cruel Prince is also a must-read. Hopefully, Cassandra will decide to write a sci-fi series so I can join the ever growing fan base :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, your blog design is awesome *U* Oh and I think you put Lina's GR challenge twice by accident XD

      Delete
    2. Thank youu!!

      We tried to put both of our reading challenges and that’s actually two separate HTML codes but they keep overlaping (or something, I’m not sure how to explain it in English when I don’t even know what’s happening xD) and it shows either two Lara’s or two mine :/ We’re still trying to fix it tho

      - Lina

      Delete
    3. I can't agree more about TLC, Soc and SJTR. Those are some of my all time favorite books :) You just reminded me of Kerri's synopsis for Capturing the Devil (Stalking Jack the Ripper #4), and I'm lowkey depressed

      I've wanted to start reading Legend series from the beginning of time and I think I actually might do that soon xd
      -Lara

      Delete
    4. Ooohh that's really unfortunate, I kinda assumed that while they were coding their widgets they thought of all the people who have blogs with...other people XD I wish I knew how to fix it :/ If I happen to find out, I'll let you know ;)

      Ahhhh yes the official synopsis came out and I'm so excited to hear it's about H.H. Holmes, he's like one of the most fascinating serial killers of all time *u*

      Legend is a decent series, not my fave, but it's kind of a ya dystopian classic XD Although, it wasn't like The Hunger Games (let's be honest, nothing really is), I'd still recommend it :)

      Delete