Novella time: Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard and The Ghosts of the Shadow Market by Cassandra Clare Minireviews | Lara

by - 10:07 pm

Broken Throne


Broken Throne is a collection of six Victoria Aveyard's novellas set in her Red Queen fantasy world. I feel like Aveyard’s style has improved over the years and these four novellas I’ve read were a quite enjoyable read with just enough events and interaction for a solid novella. I still think these novellas would not have been needed if she’d done the ending of War Storm right, but we get what we get, so…
Queen Song and Steel Scars -I’ve read these two back in 2018 when I was reading the entire series so I didn’t feel like rereading.

World Behind – a really nice novella, although I don’t know who are these people, I think this one might be my favorite

Iron Heart – wooo Evangeline, she was my favorite character and the only one beside Maven that I liked from the series. I thought this was going to be a novella about her, but it was actually just a lot of political after-war talk.

Fire Light – wait, did someone think I actually care about Mare and Cal anymore? I don’t. I don’t give a single fuck about their will-they-won't-they dramaturgy.

Fare Well – Maven and Cal relationship is something really complex and I really of liked reading this one.

The Ghosts of the Shadow Market


GotSM is another of Clare’s novella collection in the Shadow World. I’ve read first 7 novellas back in 2018 when they were published so I’m just gonna shot-review the ones I read now.

The Lost World – ugh when can I get more of Ty and his lynx uwu I don’t like this part of Livyy being a ghost tho, but there are lots of things I hated about the ending of QoAaD …


Forever Fallen – what the fuck? I hate this. I hate this parallel universe shit and bringing characters back and forth like they are the same person? Or are they. Clare obviously has no idea what the fuck she’s doing with the parallel universes and this is getting even worse and worse. Like does she even know how HER magic system works? Are there only two parallel universes? Or are there infinite more? Yay, that means we have a million more Jace’s and opportunities to recycle the plot!

You May Also Like

0 komentari