March recap & April tbr | Lara

by - 5:49 pm

Hello everyone!
March is over and with it the first quarter of 2019. When I think about it that way it sounds a bit scary because I don't see how fast time actually goes. Oh well, but I don't mind since 2019 is full of kickass releases I can't wait to get my hands on. 

March recap


I completed most of my March tbr (I left one book for April but read three books I didn't intend to) so it was a pretty fun month. 
Some statistics:
  • 11 YA books and 1 adult 
  • 4 contemporary books - crime (2), magical realism and romance
  • 4 fantasy reads and 2 science fiction novellas
  • average rating is 3.5

>> The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
A pretty cute romance YA book and the movie is coming out soon :) I gave it four stars because I'm not a big fan of insta love, but it's short so if it sounds interesting to give it a go.
Check out my full review for The Sun is Also a Star!

>> The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
Surrounded but a lot of hype, but it's worth it. I felt really connected to the characters and enjoyed every minute of their adventure.
Check out my full review for The Gilded Wolves!

>> Hazel and Holly by Sara C. Snider
This is one of the ARCs I got approved on the Netgalley and I was pretty disappointed. It was fairly boring and monotonous with the addition of annoying characters.
Check out my full review for Hazel and Holly!

>> In Time and Sparks Rise by Alexandra Bracken
Two cute and nice The Darkest Minds novellas. I really liked characters they featured and both stories were really emotional. My newly discovered love for Sam is just next level. No matter how many times I go back to TDM world, I think I'll always find something new there.

>> The Astonishing Color After by Emily X.R. Pan 
My gosh guys, this book is so beautiful. It is emotional and inspiring on so many levels. It was such a good read and I've barely recovered from it.
Check out my full review for The Astonsihing Color After!

>> Truly Devious and The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson
Cold case solved by a teenager - love it! Both books ended up with a huge cliffhanger so I cant wait to get my hands on the third one.
Check out my full review for Truly Devious and The Vanishing Stair!
>> Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Ugh, I actually hated this one. Dunno, but it wasn't my cup of tea although I usually love Meyer and her books.
Check out my full review for Heartless!

>> A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
These books are going to be the end of me. If the rest of the series actually ever gets released. *cries in  nerd*
Check out my full review for A Storm of Swords!

>> And I Darken and Now I Rise by Kiersten White
Still in the process of finishing the last book, but these historical fiction novels are certainly going places.
Check out my full review for And I Darken and Now I Rise!

April tbr


I'm going to get ambitious for April because the school break is coming and I think I'll have time for 12 books.

>> Bright We Burn by Kiersten White
Naturally, I am going to finish The Conqueror's saga. I am really looking forward to this finale and to see where is this story going.

>> The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare 
One of the tree 2019 releases from one of my favorite authors. I have really come to like Magnus and Alex in the past few of Clare's books so I am really invested in the release of this book.

>> The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
I've been hearing a lot about this book and it has been on my tbr for a while. Plus, there is a movie xd

>> Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by A.B. Sáenz 
Same as the other books I don't have any specific reason for reading. Most people like it and it sounds cute.

>> The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman
Oh, this has been a must-read for a while. Many people recommend it and I've read Kristoff's Nevernight and loved it.

>> The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon 
This is actually a Match tbr leftover which I skipped because I really did not have the energy for reading another book with 800 pages.

>>  Sadie by Courtney Summers 
Another ancient inhabitant on my tbr list. It was released in 2018 and I want to read it soon while people still talk about it.

>> Enchantress Undercover by A.C. Spahn 
I got this one approved on Netgalley and it seemed rather short so I'll give it a shot.

>> A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
I want to read some classics, didn't do that for a while.


What about you? What are your most anticipated April releases?

You May Also Like

0 komentari