Rick Riordan: The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus #4) | Lara

by - 1:35 pm

Hazel stands at a crossroads. She and the remaining crew of the Argo II could return home with the Athena Parthenos statue and try to stop Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter from going to war. Or they could continue their quest to find the House of Hades, where they might be able to open the Doors of Death, rescue their friends Percy and Annabeth from Tartarus, and prevent monsters from being reincarnated in the mortal world. Whichever road they decide to take, they have to hurry, because time is running out. Gaea, the bloodthirsty Earth Mother, has set the date of August 1 for her rise to power.
Annabeth and Percy are overwhelmed. How will the two of them make it through Tartarus? Starving, thirsty, and in pain, they are barely able to stumble on in the dark and poisonous landscape that holds new horrors at every turn. They have no way of locating the Doors of Death. Even if they did, a legion of Gaea's strongest monsters guards the Doors on the Tartarus side. Annabeth and Percy can't exactly launch a frontal assault.
Despite the terrible odds, Hazel, Annabeth, Percy, and the other demigods of the prophecy know that there is only one choice: to attempt the impossible. Not just for themselves, but for everyone they love. Even though love can be the riskiest choice of all.
Join the demigods as they face their biggest challenges yet in The House of Hades, the hair-raising penultimate book in the best-selling Heroes of Olympus series.

“But magic is neither good nor evil. It is a tool, like a knife. Is a knife evil? Only if the wielder is evil.” 

It has been days since Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus, thrown by Athena’s ancient enemy – Arachne, and they are still falling. Even if they do survive the fall and all the monsters in Tartarus, they still have to get to the Doors of Death, guarded by an army of Titans and monsters. If they want to get through them, someone has to welcome them from the other side, but the rest of the crew are nowhere near the House of Hades. Hazel gets a task from the goddess Hecate that seems more impossible as the time passes – to master the art of controlling the Mist that will help her in the fights against the giants. Leo, Hazel, Frank, Piper, and Jason decide to go with one of the shortest, but also more dangerous routes to Epirus, hoping they could get there in time to save their friends and defeat Clytius.

I loved all Heroes of Olympus books, but House of Hades gave me a particular sense of satisfaction after finishing it. Mostly because of characters, but also because the story is coming to the finale and I can’t wait to see how it goes xd 

1. Percabeth

Ugh I just love Percabeth so much, their infinitely cute and steady strong love is something that keeps me going when everything seems hopeless for characters. My heart literally can’t find enough space for them.

“Annabeth pressed her lips to Percy’s ear. “I love you.”
She wasn’t sure he could hear her—but if they died, she wanted those to be her last words.” 

2. Hazel isn’t annoying anymore!

I actually hate when some characters that are supposed to be a cool start to annoy me, but I guess sometimes it just happens. Like with Hazel, since I kind of hated her and didn’t see her role in anything demigods were doing. But I have to say, House of Hades gave her a whole new dimension as a character, but also as a powerful demigod I’ve come to like (Sorry Frank, you’re still on the Annoying list)

3. Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo Leo
*u* Leo is defo coolest and cutest demigod there is. He is so used to hiding his pain and always keeping a good spirit that no one notices his struggles, but when he's gone, everyone knows what exactly is missing. He is so precious I need him happy and I need it now.

“I figure the world is basically a machine. I don't know who made it, if it was the Fates, or the gods, or the capital-G god or whatever. But it chugs along the way it's supposed to most of the time. Sure, little pieces break off and stuff goes haywire once in a while, but mostly... things happen for a reason.” 
4. Leo and Calypso 

Yeah, finally a worthy love interest for Leo Valdez. At first, I thought it would be weird to ship him with an immortal goddess, but they were really cute.

5. Nico di Angelo

I still can’t get over that plot twist in his character that I could never ever see coming, but actually makes so much sense. I always loved mysterious and moody Nico, but his character was always somewhere there on the margins of the story. I feel like that is about to change xd

“Yeah, well,” Nico said, “not giving people a second thought…that can be dangerous.” 

6. Reyna 

Just appreciate the Roman queen who flew on a flying horse for days to bring back a giant Athena statue. 


I can’t believe how much I’ve come to love this world and these characters in those few months since I started reding Percy Jackson books.

You May Also Like

0 komentari