Top 5 #1 - Books I used to love as a kid (but probably wouldn't like as much now) | Lina

by - 9:56 pm


Hi there!

I've just given up trying to do anything productive with my life and instead decided to start a new column on this blog. I figured that, as I really like making book lists and organizing my books into shelves on Goodreads, I might as well share those things on here and maybe help you guys discover some new books worth reading as well.

As the first topic for this series of posts I chose "Top 5 books I used to love as a kid" (although I decided to focus on the ages 9-13 since I don't really remember much from before that age lol)

Also, I decided not to include Harry Potter books (even though those were my all-time favourite even back then) because I still consider them my favourites and I wanted to make this post more about books I haven't read in a while and don't really care about much anymore xd

1. Cynthia Hand: Unearthly

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)

A few years ago I went through a phase when I loved everything (books, movies, even comics) that had to do with angels—and it all started with this book. I can't really recall what the main story arc was about, but I remember getting really invested into the love triangle and rooting for one ship almost the entire time, only to realize I preferred the other one when that ship actually happened xD

2. Michael Scott: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel

17402605

I couldn't get over the fact that the last two books of this series were never translated into Croatian so there was no way for me to read them—that is, until last year, when I finally discovered the wonders of ... ahem, getting ebooks online. :) The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel was definitely one of my favourite series of all time and probably the only one on this list that I actually plan on rereading... once. And, of course, finally read the 5th and the 6th book. The only reason why I put it on the second place in this list is that I still don't know how it ended and whether I would like it once I do

3. Aprilynne Pike: Wings

5056084

According to the borrowing history of my library card, I apparently read the first book in this series when I was nine (O.o)—and reread it numerous times since. It was one of my favourites for a long time, but looking back it seems like way too much love drama and too little action, which would probably annoy the hell out of me now. Still, I think I might like to reread it sometime, mainly because I really want to read that fifth book that came out in the meantime hehe

4.  Robert Naprta: Luna


This book was written by a Croatian author, so most of you probably haven't heard of it before. Basically, it's middle grade/YA fantasy heavily influenced by Twilight and set in modern-day Croatia. I first read it when I was around nine and I remember totally digging the whole "witches/werewolves vs. vampires" premise. I still think it's cool how Naprta incorporated some Croatian/Slavic mythology into the basic "00s paranormal setting", but unfortunately it was executed pretty badly, both plot- and character-wise. It was fun while it lasted, but I definitely don't plan on reading it again.

5. Septimus Heap

769483

I've only read the first three books in this series because the others were never translated, but that didn't stop it from becoming one of my favourites. I think these were the first "high fantasy" books I've ever read and they managed to win me over almost instantly. To be honest, I'm still kind of curious as to what happens in the later books, but I don't think I'll be coming back to this universe anytime soon, if ever (although I might go read plot summaries of the last four books on wikia now that I mentioned it cx)


Well, this was a fun little trip down the memory line. I am positively jealous of little Lina for having so much time for reading on her hands and not even knowing how lucky she was haha

Have you heard of/read any of the books on this list? What were your favourite books when you were younger? Feel free to tell me about them in the comments section! :D

You May Also Like

0 komentari