January recap & February tbr | Lara

by - 5:16 pm

Well, hello!

I haven't posted in a while because I'm a bit behind with my reviews but I'm working on it. Tbh I thought I'd forget about this column after a week, but shockingly, it seems like I'll be doing this second time in a row xd I've had a crazy January with a lot of work, but managed to read a decent amount of books and even complete my January tbr.
I've read 12 books (3 of them are relatively short novellas but I added them as books shamelessly) and my average monthly rating was 4,0. My stupid ass decided that I perhaps I have some more time to waste so I did pie charts for my January reads and I hate my brain :)) I had an amazing time reading this books in January and I've accomplished several of my goals so I hope I'll have equally good or even better February :D



January recap


 

>> A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
This was an amazing finale to great series I started at the end of 2018. I enjoyed every page of this book and broke m heart several times when parting with these characters. (Kell is my son and husband I haven't decided which yet)

>> The Wicked King by Holly Black
THIS is the best book I have ever read uhhh it was really amazing and that ending ajsdhajkhdajks 2020 can't come soon enough. I never thought I would love these books so much, but here I am signing adoption papers for Jude and Cardan

>> Villains by V.E. Schwab (including Warm Up novella)
I would die a thousand deaths for Schwab and these books. Vicious and Villains are definitely one of my favorite January reads (and of all time xd)

>>Legend series by Marie Lu (+ Life Before Legend and Life After Legend novellas whoops xd)
A mediocre dystopian YA novels, with interesting world building and breathtaking ending. I can't say I had a grand time reading this, but I don't regret my decision to read them.

>> Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
This book was an ambitious attempt of mine to read one classic a month and I succeded against all odds! I was slow at reading it but I was pleasently surprised. I also wanted to read this for a while because Clare's Chain of Gold was supposed to be written as a retelling of Dickens' novel, but now I'm just confused because I can't pull any parllels so my theories go in vain

>> King of Scars by Leigh Bardugho
I can only say this book was kind of the way I expected. A lot of hype surrounded it even before it got released, but it wasn't THAT good. Cool characters and good world building combined with Bardugho's amazing writing makes it a solid 4 star read.





February tbr

 

>> A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin
I have to wrestle this book to the end. It will probably be the death of me, but I love Martin and just have to finish ASoIaF.

>> Hazel and Holy: A Fantasy Adventure by Sara C. Snider
I also decided to read one book from NetGalley each month (I hate myself I'll never manage to read everything) and got this approved first so I'll see what will come of it.

>> Percy Jackson and the Olympians
I don't know yet if I'll read this before or after The Darkest Minds, but I want to read this for some time (god knows there are like 20 books from Rick Riordan, but I'll just start with those 5 xd)

>> The Darkest Minds
Sounds good and ratings are high. Also, I want to watch the movie so...



What about you? What are your best January reads? What book are you looking forward to in February?

You May Also Like

2 komentari

  1. There, now you can take Legend out of your "dystopian ya classics that are actually not that good but for some reason everybody read them" list XD

    The Darkest Minds are also mediocre in my opinion. I think I really liked the first book but the sequel wasn't that good. Honestly, I don't remember much about it, just that I dnf the 3rd book after postponing it for years and finally when I decided to read it, I had no idea who any of the characters were XD #sorrynotsorry

    I had only a few 5-star ratings last month and they were only for the Gallagher Academy sequels, but other books that I really liked were: Truly Devious + The Vanishing Stair and Sadie which broke my heart ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm definitely not sorry for reading Legend and I'm even kind of looking forward to the fourth instalment (Rebel), since we could all get a good closure about Day and June's fate xd
      I haven't seen anything about the Darkest Minds sequels, but I guess I'll see after the first book how I like it.
      Truly Devious is also on my tbr, but I have literally no idea when will I read it
      -Lara

      Delete