January recap & February TBR | Lina

by - 11:35 pm


Hello everyone :)

So, I guess I've decided to join in on the trend and do one of those monthly recap/TBR things myself, mostly because it seems fun, but also to motivate myself to try and actually fulfill my monthly reading goals for once. We'll see how that goes tho xD


January recap

I haven't read that many books in January since I was a bit behind with reviews from 2018 and didn't want to start any new books until I finished those. Of course, that dragged on and on and by the time I was done school had already started and I again didn't have that much time for reading *sigh* Hopefully I do better next month

35384793 20351058 Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone, #2)
(So proud that I managed to find a Crime and Punishment cover that goes with the other two books xdd)

>> Siege and Storm - I've finally gotten around to starting this series and so far I don't regret it. I have to admit that it’s not among the best I've ever read, but it’s still pretty entertaining. You can read my full review here.

>> Crime and Punishment - I don't usually add books which I read for school either to Goodreads or to this blog, but since I really enjoyed this one (and it's a classic), I decided to make an exception this time. I doubt I will be reviewing it, though.

>> Siege and Storm - Okay, I actually finished this one yesterday (Feb 1st), but since I've read the better part of it (75%) in January, I feel like it should be included into January recap. That and I was a bit ashamed to put just two books in my first monthly recap xD (full review here)


February TBR

Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone, #3) 34076952 36307634
28187 28186 561456

After finishing the Grisha trilogy, I'm planning to read two other Grisha Verse books - The Language of Thorns and King of Scars (which I'm really excited for since Nikolai was one of my favourites in Siege and Storm). I also want to finally start PJO by (re)reading the first three books this month (which I've already read a few years ago in Croatian, but honestly don't remember much of). A bit ambitious, I know, but I'll be happy if I at least manage to read 4 or 5 of these.


What were the best books you read in January? Do you already have any plans for February or do you prefer to read "spontaneously"?

You May Also Like

2 komentari

  1. Ahh I remember Crime and Punishment. It was a long book but it was worth it XD It was one of the few books that we were made to read that I actually didn't hate.

    Also +10 points for finding that cover XD

    You already know I make plans every month so there's that XD I'm planning on getting back into fantasy and sci-fi and also I HAVE SO MANY BOOK THAT I JUST HAVE TO READ SOON O.O I mean, I've had Lifelike on 4-5 different TBRs in the last few months. The level of shame is off the charts XD Then there's Unearthed which I had on my to-read since before it even had a cover, now there's even a sequel, but did I read it? NO ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, and thanks XD

      Gurl, I know the feeling. I tell myself every month for now more than 6 months that I'm going to read The Lunar Chronicles, Heartless and The Wrath and the Dawn and still nothing XD
      Good luck with Lifelike and Unearthed, I hope you finally get to read them this month :d

      -Lina

      Delete