Rick Riordan: The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #4) | Lara

by - 9:26 pm

Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears at his potential new school, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth - a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn.



 “Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die.”


If you thought Percy was going to get a break from monsters and Olympians, you are so wrong. Percy got a shot at a new school but during his orientation gets attacked by two dracanae. I’d probably be surprised if anything went with no trouble in Percy’s life xd After setting his school on fire (again), he leaves with Annabeth for Half-Blood Camp where new problems are awaiting.

Labyrinth is an ancient, giant structure designed by Daedalus. It is located below America’s surface and has hidden entrances all over the continent. Namely, space and time in labyrinth have a bit different concept so it could be used to get somewhere faster and crossing shorter distance or… bringing an army of monsters into a camp full of demigod children. But the problem lies with navigating it. Its creator supposedly still lives, in the core of the labyrinth where he hides from death and works on his designs. Camp is in danger if Luke manages to get a magical string that could grant him power over labyrinths traps so Percy and Annabeth have to take a quest and set off in one of the most dangerous places for demigods.

Four books into these series and I have to be honest, but I haven’t got anything to say anymore. It isn’t a bad thing, it’s just that I want to write something about it and I be like “uh no I wrote this in the other review I don’t want to look like I’m repeating my thoughts”. Percy Jackson and the Olympians just keeps getting better. Every book surprises me a little bit more and leaves a new mark on my small bookworm heart. The Battle of the Labyrinth was filled with action, unexpected plot twists and surprising reveals. I enjoyed every second of it, things just kept getting interesting and there wasn’t one second story felt slow or boring. Riordan has a perfect pacing, writing a short-ish, but eventful and intriguing story.

*spoilery part for the ending* The part I liked the most was the final battle at Camp. It was inevitable from the beginning and the anticipation was building throughout the whole book, but it still surprised me when it happened. Mostly because there weren’t any real battles before and it only shows a course of seriousness and maturity these books have taken.

Until recently, I didn’t care much for Greek mythology and these books’ worldbuilding, but I am pleasantly surprised with this story and where it got so far. There is a lot of foreshadowing involved, with all prophecies that used to annoy me, but add a certain factor of mystery and dread to the plot. Percy’s dreams and insights in other people’s pasts also have an important role and I am looking forward to see where it all takes us. I am really excited for the fifth book because a lot of small clues and details seem to be overlapping, and I feel like it all might happen in the final book of the series.

My tiny brain still cannot comprehend the perfection of the concept called Percabeth. UH, how does one talk about them without crying? I don’t remember I’ve ever read a better or cuter development of feelings. There is just so much going on, but sometimes I feel like the only thing I could think about is them. Every interaction they have is interwoven with love and friendship, but angst, jealousy and demons from the past. Yes, Luke and Rachel annoyed me because they stand in path of the most amazing couple ever, but it only makes them better while seeing Annabeth struggling with her feelings for Luke the brutality of his treason, and Percy trying to give her space but protect her at the same time ugh ugh love them.

I think I’m done here, now if you’ll excuse me I have to go destroy my chances of sleep by starting the Last Olympian :P

But you'll be killed!"

"I'll be fine. Besides, we've got no choice."

Annabeth glared at me like she was going to punch me. And then she did something that surprised me even more. She kissed me.

You May Also Like

0 komentari