Rick Riordan: The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) | Lara

by - 6:59 pm

It's not everyday you find yourself in combat with a half-lion, half-human.
But when you're the son of a Greek god, it happens. And now my friend Annabeth is missing, a goddess is in chains and only five half-blood heroes can join the quest to defeat the doomsday monster.
Oh, and guess what? The Oracle has predicted that not all of us will survive..










 “The cafe windows wrapped all the way around the observation floor, which gave us a beautiful panoramic view of the skeleton army that had come to kill us.” 

 Percy is going with Annabeth and Thalia – daughter of Zeus who was in form of magical tree until last summer, to respond on Grover's distress call about two half-blood siblings. After a battle with manticore, Annabeth and Artemis – Greek goddess of hunt, are gone missing. Evil forces are gathering and old Titans are starting to wake, while prophecy from Oracle says five champions must go on a quest to save their friends. But what can Percy do if he isn’t one of them? In order to save Artemis and Annabeth from death and stop the war, Huntresses and heroes must work together and risk everything.

You know those books you start reading, just enjoying them and having no expectations while they slowly keep getting better and just taking bits of your heart and never taking them back. Well, Percy Jackson and the Olympians are becoming those books for me. I really just wanted to read them because they were really popular and seemed short, but I can feel them growing on me with such intensity I feel my heart is overheating. I love reading about Percy, and all other characters ofc, his quests, friends and family. Most of all I enjoy growing up with Percy, seeing him change, book after book.  

I liked all new characters, but the old ones were the highlights of the Titan’s Curse. Those subtle changes in behavior as they grow up is what makes me love them the most, how they care for their friends and develop through events of the past few years. I love Nico, I love Thalia, I love Zoe and all other new characters and creatures from myths that were introduced into this world. But most of all I adore Percy and Annabeth. They are just those types of characters I usually feel indifferent about, like okay they exist they are cool but I don’t know what to make of them, but as I read about them, I just see all those layers and virtues – they were made to grow on me. I just caaaaaaan’t wait for Percabeth to happen. They are just the ultimate ship and I.would.murder for them. You don’t see them coming, but just somewhere on the way akjdhkjledl bam we have feelings and angst and it’s adorable.

I can really see how Riordan’s books are kind of growing, or I should say maturing, as characters in it grow. *spoilers*That final battle was really tense and I really enjoyed reading it. Ending really shocked me because first two books had “milder” plot and endings, while this one went full on with even two unexpected deaths. (I know they were in prophecy but I still didn’t expect them)
This is a really dynamic book, with a lot of action and plot twists, new protagonists and antagonists introduced. Evil forces are stirring and gathering and the more I advance in these series, I am beginning realize this is an epic story leading to an epic ending :D

You May Also Like

0 komentari