Rick Riordan: The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2) | Lara

by - 6:20 pm

The heroic son of Poseidon makes an action-packed comeback in the second must-read installment of Rick Riordan's amazing young readers series. Starring Percy Jackson, a "half blood" whose mother is human and whose father is the God of the Sea, Riordan's series combines cliffhanger adventure and Greek mythology lessons that results in true page-turners that get better with each installment.
In this episode, The Sea of Monsters, Percy sets out to retrieve the Golden Fleece before his summer camp is destroyed, surpassing the first book's drama and setting the stage for more thrills to come.




I want to join Percy, Annabeth and Grover and go on quests together!

In the sequel to Riordan’s Lightning Thief Percy Jackson is coming back to the Half-Blood Camp. He was attending a private school and managed to survive a whole year without getting expelled. Well, almost. On his last day, his friend Tyson and him are attacked by fire-throwing cannibals and saved by Percy’s campmate and friend – Annabeth. While Percy has strange dreams about his friend Grover the satyr who needs saving, Camp Half-Blood is in danger – someone has poisoned the pine tree that protects its borders if it isn’t saved within a month the camp will be attacked by monsters from all sides. Both problems lead to the same place – Polyphemus's island in the middle of the Sea of Monsters, or as mortals like to call it, the Bermuda Triangle. As the old Titan Lord starts to awaken from the depths of Tartarus, the Golden Age is on the verge of war. Will three half-bloods, a satyr and a cyclops be enough to stop evil forces from gathering?

I can’t believe I haven’t realized how cool these books are until now. I loved reading this not-too-long, fun and eventful story. Another journey featuring young demigods and other mythological creatures. Even though it felt childish and out-of-date sometimes I just could not not-like this book. I already see some course these series are taking and sense some foreshadowing with all these prophecies and I can’t wait to see where it goes.

Another thing this book brought into my life is this newfound love for Riordan’s characters – I just can’t get enough of them. I know Percabeth isn’t going to be a thing for a while bbbbut they are so cute. I can see how they are slowly building their relationship into one of the most outstanding couples in literature :D

“Before I could figure out how to apologize for being such an idiot, she tackled me with a hug, then pulled away just as quickly. "I'm glad you're not a guinea pig."
"Me, too." I hoped my face wasn't as red as it felt.” 

And tbh Percy Jackson is mood, someone should get him an “I did not sign up for this shit” sign.
Oh, and another thing I love about these books is the humor. It is kind of childish, but I don’t care because from Percy’s ironic I-hate-all-gods-why-do-I-have-to-do-this narrative almost everything is funny and I just couldn’t help myself but to add like 200 notes marking almost every second sentence.

“Well, actually it carried Cadmus. Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important.'
It was probably important to her.”




“That was so completely unfair that I told Tantalus to go chase a donut, which didn't help his mood.”

You May Also Like

0 komentari