Rick Riordan: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #1) | Lara

by - 8:39 am

Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse - Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena - Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.






"Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.” 


Guuuuuys this was so middle grade, but I don't care I want to be twelve again. This book was really baby-ish, but it was good and I am 100% sure 12-year-old Lara would have loved it. Now I feel bad because I haven’t read it before (it collects dust on my shelf for about 4 years.).

Anyway, after I was done being sorry for my past self I I started frantically digging information about Greek mythology so I could catch up with all Greek god references and the plot. The whole series are based on myths and legends from Greek mythology – there are Greek gods who are immortal and control natural elements. Sometimes they take lovers among humans and then halfbloods are born. Percy Jackson is one of them, and the only place safe for the halfbloods is Half-blood camp where they can train and become heroes worthy of their blood.

Despite my lack of interest in Greek mythology I really enjoyed reading The Lightning Thief. I got seriously invested in plot and started taking interest in Greek legends thanks to Riordan’s intriguing worldbuilding. Story was fun and full of action, with some unexpected plot twsts.

“I gave her my deluxe I'll-Kill-You-Later stare.”

This is the kind of story I would want my younger sisters to read because it’s really cute and characters are original and I think I would gladly die for them even after one book. I feel like it only gets better as they grow up xd

You May Also Like

0 komentari