Rick Riordan: The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5) | Lara

by - 11:12 pm

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.



I AM NOT OKAY.

That’s it. The last book is behind me and I don’t know how I feel, but I know I liked this way more than I thought I would. Percy pulled me in his world and I was unable to leave it. I read every book in less than two days and was in a constant state of thinking about it. This book was just the epic finale these series needed and my heart is full now that I can finally stand up proudly and say I have read Percy Jackson xd

This book had the most amazing plot and exactly what I needed for a brilliant ending. The entire plot is, in fact, one big battle of demigods and Kronos’s army. Gods are away, fighting their ancient enemy Typhon, so Olympus is left unguarded. Kronos, still in Luke’s mortal body, but gaining strength rapidly, marches with a huge number of monsters and allies that want to bring Olympus down. Mortals are under a sleeping spell and basically, the entire New York is a battlefield. Most of the plot was focused on the attack on New York and it was really intense, dynamic and impossible to put down. Certain fates are becoming inevitable, prophecies are being fulfilled, while some demigods might not live long enough to see the outcome of this vicious and destructive war.

“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.”


I am usually not a big fan of prophecies and insights in the future, but Riordan did a great job, with carefully planned foreshadowing and unpredictable words of Oracle. They always carried multiple meanings, meant to draw readers attention on things completely opposed to the final course of events, thereby creating tension and opening a lot of space for shocking plot twists. I really enjoyed reading about Percy and Nico, their growing friendship and plan to destroy Kronos and slowly coming to an end and revelation of the Great Prophecy, that has its roots planted all the way from 70 years ago.

I loved all characters, their interactions, and development. They’ve come such a long way from where they started and I realized how much they have all grown. I enjoyed every part of this story with them and they have earned a permanent spot in my heart uwu

· Luke Castellan – I loved a lot of characters in this book, but Luke absolutely stole the show. He was the perfect villain and I loved reading about his past and parentage, reasons why he chose the path on which he is now and finally, his struggle against Kronos and redemption. I just started crying when Hermes talked about him and his backstory made me so sad, but inspiring and I think he might be one of my favorite villains (he just reminded me of Darth Vader a lot xD)

· Annabeth Chase – Fabulous little architect daughter of Athena. She is just really cute and brave and I love her, someone please give her a break from all people who are trying to use her

“The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive.” 

· Percy Jackson – Seaweed brain!!! Percy was, as always, cute badass sarcastic king of the sea who just has the best sense of humor in the universe. (AND PERCABETH!!!)

· Nico di Angelo – I just love my little curly lord of the dead I’d like to adopt him


I guess I’m done, sorry if this review is messy my brain is turning to jello. Anyway, I loved these books and am so glad that I have finally picked up Percy Jackson. HOO is pretty high on my tbr so I’ll be back in Riordan’s world pretty soon.

You May Also Like

0 komentari