Year's brightest #2 | Best books of 2019 | Lara

by - 11:07 pm



Hello everyone,
Before I start with this post I'd like to say Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it and happy holidays to all of you. 2019 has been a crazy year, with a lot of good and bad, but  I'm really grateful for everything it thought me and all the books I got to read. I've read 126 books for now and here is my Goodreads year in books if someone wants to see it.

Wish you all the best and have a wonderful 2020 full of books.

>> Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi


This is a historical fiction fantasy book with amazing group characters. It's set in 19th century France and I couldn't get over that cliffhanger for weeks! 2020 and the release of its sequel cannot come fast enough.

>> The Astonishing Color After by Emily X. R. Pan


I really don't have any other words to describe this book but beautiful. The emotion this beautiful story awoke in me is something I will not forget until the rest of my life and I am so incredibly happy to have a chance of reading such an amazing story of love and grief.

>> An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

                             



An Ember Quarter is just *chef's kiss*. You don't read these books and come out indifferent. I am so in love with Helena, Elias and Laia - I'm going to go mad from the anticipation of the next sequel.

>> Verity by Coleen Hoover



This is the most mindblowing, the most intense book ever. I swear while reading this, my pulse and blood pressure got to the alarming levels. It was supposed to be romance, but the cute dynamic between Lowen and Jeremy was only the beginning of the brilliant things in this book.

>> The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid



The biggest crime ever to happen is Evelyn Hugo not being a real actress. This book will always have a special place in my heart I just love it so much. Best sapphic read of the year, definitely.

>> Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty



Oh, this one is pure excellence of mystery and drama that I didn't even know I needed. I had so much reading about these powerful women handling everything like they should.

>> All for the Game by Nora Sakavic


      



ALL FOR THE GAME. ALL FOR THE GAME. ALL. FOR. THE. GAME. These books are the peak literature of this century, they are the best thing that ever happened to me, the most amazing thing I ever read. My heart is one big fox paw and I am a Kevin Day stan until the end of my days.
I love 2019 for letting me meet my babies.

>> The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang

   

I would let Rin walk all over me and thank her later. This high fantasy world of Empire's and the fire is everything I needed for an epic Chinese mythology-inspired story! Can't wait any longer for the third one!

>> Ninth House by Leigh Bardugho



Ghosts? Magic societies? Historical aesthetic? I don't know how to thank Leigh Bardugho for writing her first adult book, but I guess incoherent screeching will have to do. Galaxy Stern and Darlington Arlington are my new loves and want to give them the world.

>> Monsters of Verity by Victoria Schwab


   


I had no idea what was I getting myself into when starting these series, but I should have known when it comes to Victoria Schwab that my heart won't come out whole out of it.

>> Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugho

   



A reread of my favorite book in the world. The Dregs still owe the other half of my heart (first one goes to Foxes). There is no one like them, 2019 give me my Crows back.

>> If We Were Villains by M. L. Rio



My gay Shakesperean dark academia babies! I don't know what you're still doing if you haven't read this book, but stop doing it and get to it!


Tell me about your favorite books of 2019! What are your favorites and least favorites?

You May Also Like

0 komentari