The Best of 2019 | Lina

by - 11:53 pm


Hi there!


Long time no see (read?), I know, I know. I've been in a bit of a reading/book/life/everything slump lately which is why I've been even more MIA for the last few months than usual, but I'm determined to get past it in 2020 and now is as good a time to start as any, amiright?

Before anything else, I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year! I hope your 2020 is filled with love, happiness and health, loads of good books, movies and shows, and that you succeed in everything you set your mind to!

Povezana slika

This past year has been quite a wild ride for me, both in life and when it comes to the books I've read and movies and TV shows I've seen. There was a lot of good, bad and plain weird, but I'm beyond grateful for everything life threw my way and I'm excited to see what the new year (and decade!) will bring.

So, let's all take a look back at some of the (bookish) highlights of my 2019!


Povezana slika

In February/March I finally read Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians, a series I actually started years ago but wasn't able to finish at the time. Despite being classified as middle grade, I feel like these books are in many ways superior to most YA and even some adult fantasy, which I think speaks enough for itself. You definitely don't need me to tell you that they more than live up to the hype xd


34810320. sy475

I was in for a real treat when I decided to pick up Sadie in April. This beautiful story of a girl searching for just a bit of justice in this cruel world shattered my heart into millions of pieces. It's a heavy story, but one I believe everyone should read.


Slikovni rezultat za shades of magic

May was when I discovered one of my now all-time favourite authors: V. E. Schwab. I have since read another two of her serials as well, but Shades of Magic will forever hold a speacial place in my heart. Also, we need more Kell & Lila content, and we need it soon


43225180. sy475

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I picked up Verity but damn- it certainly wasn't this. I still can't wrap my mind around how this can be categorized as 'romance' when it's without a shadow of a doubt the most intense thriller I've ever read. Dark, suspenseful and so deliciously twisted you literally won't be able to stop turning the pages. I read it in one sitting which, if you know me at all, says a lot.


Slikovni rezultat za the lunar chronicles

July was in the sign of Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles which is yet another series I've been putting off since forever. I always love a good fairytale retelling, and Meyer's are among the best I've ever read!


Slikovni rezultat za all for the game series

In September came the biggest surprise of the year: All For the Game trilogy by Nora Sakavic! I never would have thought I would end up loving a contemporary sports-themed book this much, but here I am, three books later, still pining over how perfect the Foxes are! Also: Kevallison is canon you can't change my mind :))


43263680

Leigh Bardugo graced us with her first adult novel this October and my life hasn't been the same since! There are no words with which I could possibly come close to expressing all the love I have for this book and its characters. Secret societies, dark magic, YALE, Alex, Darlington, Alex AND Darlington... did I mention DARLINGTON??



With November came my most anticipated release of the year (decade! century!!): The Queen of Nothing. After the fiasco that was Clare's Queen of Air and Darkness, I've been scared senseless about the way Black was going to finish this trilogy. Luckily, I needn't have worried. While The Wicked King remains the best out of the three for me, I'm beyond happy with how things were left off!


Honorable mentions: A Reaper at the Gates, A Skinful of Shadows, City of Ghosts


How was your 2019 in books? :)

-Lina

You May Also Like

1 komentari

  1. How to test if a computer is connected to the network correctly?

    ReplyDelete