Christiane F.: We Children from Bahnhof Zoo | Lara

by - 6:59 pm



Two journalists of 'Shtern'magazine Kay Kerman and Horst Rik met Christiane 1978th in Berlin, where she was a witness at the trial of the man who procured girls, paying them with heroine.Wanting to disclose to the problem of drug addiction among teenagers,they arranged an interview with Christiane.From those discussions and conversations became the book "We children from Bahnhof Zoo", harrowing testimony,true story of a girl who becomes a heroin addict at the age of fourteen.






Well, this was certainly different from stuff I usually read. I am not a big fan of non-fiction (especially biographic) works, but this book was interesting and it made me think.

There was no particular plot, only Christiane describing her childhood and series of unfortunate events that made her start using heroin. As I read this book, I didn’t expect much – just some unhappy teenager who decided to take it on her parents, but as the story went on, I found myself shocked by the way society works and treats children in need. Some things I realized after reading this book are unsettling and upsetting, but I am glad I read it because it gave me a different perspective of drug addicts, people around them, the world they live in and the way society deals with them. Christiane’s story was an eye-opener and I think people should read it if only because it is based on the real events. Ending was a bit disappointing, because the book just… ended. There was no closure or message, nor it was mentioned what happened with Christiane later in her life. I wish there was some kind of Christiane’s comment, about how she sees her childhood and past events of her life.

You May Also Like

0 komentari