Jenny Han: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) | Lara

by - 4:51 pm



Lara Jean is having the best senior year.
And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.
Life couldn’t be more perfect!
At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.
Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?


“I suppose I'll say it all started with a love letter” 


This is going to be one short review because I don’t really know what to say. Actually, because I don’t get to say anything. I expected it to be this way because there was no other way this book could have gone. So, guess I brought this upon myself, despite all non-recommendations, ratings- and my own intuition.

The thing about this book is that it is actually just a big goodbye. It is Lara Jean’s goodbye to her life as she knew it, which is actually a pretty good concept… for a 20-page epilogue. It would be cute if this was added as an epilogue of the second book, but it was made into a whole new book. And it is boring as hell. I don’t know how I managed to read it, because nothing happens. No literally, not one.single.thing happens in 300-page-book. Sure, if you are into reading a description of Lara Jean and Peter’s relationship (which is basically the same as it was for the last book and a half), but even that was going around in a singsong.


There happens to be one problem, that starts developing at about 60% of the book and slowly grows into one not-so-big, not-so- unexpected drama. Which ends in 5 pages, everything is resolved and everyone is happy and your book is over.

I can’t believe I am going to give this book more than 1 star, but I guess there is that tiny part of me that slightly enjoyed Lara Jean’s goodbye from High School and her old life. I usually hate goodbyes, but this book did a great job in describing how hard they are and how change can be difficult, but still an important part of one’s life.


“I guess that's part of growing up, too--saying goodbye to the things you used to love.”

You May Also Like

0 komentari