Marissa Meyer: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) | Lara

by - 10:21 am



In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they're plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she's just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a higher price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

After Scarlet finds long lost princess Selene aka Linh Cinder they plan to rescue Levana’s best hacker Crescent. As crew gets bigger and bigger and Cinder gets more allies who are willing to support her claim to the Luna’s throne, Levana starts war with Earth. Will Cinder manage to start a revolution in time to save Earth and emperor Kai from wrath of tyrant.

Wow so these books just keep getting better.

In first two books of these series I was really annoyed with the lack of dynamics in the plot, but I must say there wasn’t that kind of problem in Cress. Even though the book was longer, there were more happenings and twists that made this book reallyyy interesting and I couldn’t stop reading it. Writing style is good and book is just so easy to read.

I am starting to like the whole concept of this futuristic Earth author created. There are much more twists, like the plague or beginning of the war between Luna and Earth.


I keep falling in love with these characters. Each one if them is written pretty well and has great development. I kind of like that there are no forbidden love dramas or something like tragic backstories and dark secrets (not that I don’t like those stuff, I just need a little break :)).
I freaked out every time the crew fell apart and every reunion got me super excited. I finally got Cinder and Kai’s reunion. Both are wonderful characters and I love that ship so much. I enjoyed reading about Cinder and her acceptance of her title and will to save Earth (and Luna) from Levana. Kai is still a sweetheart and I feel so sorry for him that he has to deal with Levana (not to mention he leads the entire country at the age of 19).

My otp is definitely Thorne x Cress. Those two are super cute and love them both. Cress is so interesting to read about cause she sees world from completely other perspective. After being held in satellite for almost a decade she is really brave and I was surprised how she risked her life several times to save others, even though she seems really insecure all the time. Aaand Carswell Thorne *fangirls* uhhj he is just so special. I don’t see anything special about him except his sarcastic comments and his magnificent charm, but he still makes this book 10 times more enjoyable. Sometimes I just have to put my book down and laugh for 10 seconds after reading something he says. I hope to read more from his perspective and learn more abut his past....
Scarlet and Wolf are cute, but they are my least favorite ship.

Anyway I liked this book a lot and can’t wait to start reading Winter. I recommend it to everyone who likes science fiction.

You May Also Like

4 komentari

  1. 6 reviews in a week. I'm impressed. Now give me whatever potion you used XD

    It's funny how everyone has a different ship they like more in this series, but we all agree that Thorne x Cress is the ultimate OTP *u* It's so true what you said, the books keep getting longer but also better XD

    I just hope the author returns to this world she created. I enjoyed her other book Renegades, but it wasn't as good as this series :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Heartless? I figured it is from the same universe and I was wondering if it is as good as TLC...
      School has ended so now I have more time for reading and reviewing and I hope to catch up on some books :)
      -Lara

      Delete
    2. I have and I really enjoyed it :) It's different from this series but still, I kind of liked how we got to see her "backstory". It just gives The Queen of Hearts a whole new dimension, and it's pretty emotional as well. I never thought I'd care for her character since we all know from movies/cartoons how evil she is XD

      Delete
    3. I am not surprised that it makes her character interesting because Meyer does really good retellings. I don't know much about the Queen of Hearts, but now you got me interested ;)
      -Lara

      Delete