Jenny Han: P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) | Lara

by - 11:28 pm


Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


“There’s a Korean word my grandma taught me. It’s called jung. It’s the connection between two people that can’t be severed, even when love turns to hate. You still have those old feelings for them; you can’t ever completely shake them loose of you; you will always have tenderness in your heart for them.” 



I actually didn't think I would ever continue reading these books, but somehow I found myself halfway through P.S. I Love You without even noticing. I guess it has to do with the beautiful writing style and simplicity of this book. Han really knows how to write and describe normal, daily routines in an interesting manner. This book, while it wasn't too long, simply flowed naturally and it was easy to read.

That was probably a necessity for this book because if it wasn't for the writing style it would be boring as hell. I clearly remember thinking: "A book like this should be standalone", after reading/watching To All the Boys I've Loved Before. The plot wasn't much. It actually wasn't anything. There was a lot of Lara Jean's life, her family, her cute relationship with Peter… and nothing else. For the good part of the book there was nothing happening, I mean, sure there were some details preparing us for the final drama, but nothing special. 

Readers mostly get to know more about Lara Jean's character, actually her normal-ness. In the first book, she was cool, had a lot going on and I kind of liked her. But now, she seemed just kind of boring. Not because she is the perfect student, who doesn't drink or have sex or anything, but because she has no attitude. All her opinions are kind of weak and I just feel like she sometimes does things only to keep everyone happy or not to offend anyone. I liked her family and how was the loss of her mother represented, but, again, after more than a half of the book about it, it becomes enough.

*minor spoilers*
As I said, there is literally nothing going on, until at one moment there comes not-so-unpredictable plot twist, or should I call it a love triangle we all saw was coming. I started rooting for John McLaren only to stop being so bored (and because I liked him a bit more than Peter). That was resolved quickly and that was it. I mean, the whole Lara Jean being jealous with Gen was a bit tense, but after things escalated and they broke up, Lara Jean just changed her mind in five seconds.



I can't really say I hated this book. I feel… neutral. I liked reading it and Peter is cute, their relationship is cute and there were some angst and fluff (which I am in the mood for reading right now). I know this review feels like I hated the book, but I was just okay with it. I think I'll read the last one, because I can't leave it unfinished, somehow.


You May Also Like

0 komentari