Marissa Meyer: Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) | Lara

by - 12:44 pm



Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.
Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

After scene Cinder caused at the ball, she is arrested and soon will be sent on Luna to be executed. While Cinder escapes wrath of Queen Levana, Scarlet tries to save her grandmother and finds out some shocking secrets about her family and Lunar heir.

I enjoyed reading this book and I finished it rather quickly. Chapters aren’t too long and I liked there were different PoVs. Plot was a bit boring and it wasn’t dynamic until the last few chapters. It was definitely more intense than first book, but still there was barely any twists trough the book. I think this book has more potential to become a great science fiction novel, but there are just missing some more happenings in the plot.

I am definitely going to finish the series because I’m in love with the characters. Cinder is my favorite, she is super strong and fights for herself and I enjoy reading about her. Her backstory is really interesting and I love how she wants to save Earth from Queen Levana. She deals with her newfound Lunar gift and tried to find a way to become different ruler. 

I liked Scarlet for her bravery and determination to save her grandmother, but I don’t want her to end up with Wolf (idk why I hate him he is just repellent and feel like he is going to betray them later). Plus, Thorne is sweetheart. I hope I will see more of his character and backstory in the upcoming books.

Anyway, these book are good, but I think they have more potential and I hope they will develop more storyline more next books.

You May Also Like

0 komentari