Saya Lopez Ortega: The Seduction Expert | Lara

by - 1:57 pm

She's the seduction expert.
Women contact her to take over their love lives. She steps in when they're lost, she's supposed to succeed where they failed. She handles their single status, their relationships, their breakups, and very often their partners' affairs. Her job is a life priority, she spends most of her time at the office or between two flights in business class and the fact of having a sports car that can reach one hundred kilometers in less than six seconds often make her feel like a superheroine in service to women.
Anyway, take her card.
You'll see, it's much better than spending holidays in St Barts.




“That’s why I do this job. To shape women in my image: combative, proud, worthy, and respectable. One day, I will enroll them in an army of dress-suit feminists, which I will lead, and we will quite naturally reign at the top of the world.” 

The Baroness, one of the most successful women and the elite of the Parisian society, build her fortune on the backs of unfaithful husbands and their devastated wives, who are willing to pay any amount of money just to fix their love lives. Namely, she is called the “Seduction Expert”, and her job is to advise and empower women who are having troubles with handling their spouses’ behavior and their relationships. She is rich, she is powerful and she doesn’t care about taking down anyone that stands in her way, but her real challenge starts when she gets engaged to a member of one of the Paris’s richest families.

So, this book had a really nice idea to start, and it could be a solid read if there were more plot and character development. Nothing sounds better than the prospect of getting rich as fuck by destroying the pigs who cheat on their wives. The Baroness provides service of organizing women’s love lives and making their husbands pay, but not only that – her final goal is to help those women learn how to fend for themselves and show them they need no man to be amazing. The feminist and empowering energy that this book radiates is really inspiring and badass, but from time to time I got an impression that it was maaaaybe too much…

The Baroness is an interesting character, but in my opinion, a little bit too ambitious and assertive, rude to the point where it becomes annoying. I get that she is witty, but all of her remarks are on the same base and it mainly gets down to just her talking down to everyone she thinks are beneath her – which is practically everyone. She was the only character worth mentioning since the others have probably two lines combined.

The writing was actually horrifying and I got a migraine every time I tried to read a paragraph. Chopped and banal sentences that remind me of a fifth-grader writing an essay combined with an exclamation mark in every third sentence made it really hard to appreciate anything this book had to offer.

“I’m just wondering if you’ll exclude me from all our married life. ”What a question!“ My love, I didn’t realize how important it was to you.” And didn’t care one bit! “After all, I’m only the groom!” He hung up on me and dares to complain! 

Sorry, but what the fuck did I just read?

You May Also Like

0 komentari