February recap & March tbr | Lara

by - 5:54 pm

Hello everyone!
The shortest month of the year is coming to an end and I feel kind of relieved because I was seriously worried if I would make it through my tbr xd I still don't know if I'm going to finish few Darkest Minds novellas, but I can always read those on the go. The goods news is that I once again completed my February tbr (okay, except Hazel and Holy which is leftover from January tbr I said I'd definitely read in February but what can I do lol). 
I've read 10 books in total, which makes it 21 in 2019! I guess I'll have to upgrade my reading challenge xd I've read mostly YA fantasy and some science-fiction books and it was a really good month. I don't know if it was the choice of books or I just had a good month, but I really enjoyed reading and was finishing books in a few days. 
My average February rating is 3.7 stars which are pretty good since the only book I gave 5 stars is A Clash of Kings, but no other book got a rating lower than 3.5 stars so I'd call it a good reading time.


February recap


>> A Clash of Kings by G.R.R Martin
I am SO PROUD of myself for finishing this 900-pages-long perfection, not because I didn't like it but because it was hard to read. I love these books and can't wait to return to Martin's world soon.
Check out my review for A Clash of Kings!

>> Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
Amazing, inspiring, cute. If you have a 10-to-15-year-old kid somewhere near shove this in their hands and lock them somewhere until they've finished this. It's middle-grade literature, but it's great I really enjoyed it and am coming for more :D
Check out my review for The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle fo the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian!

>> The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Another series I have been wanting to read for a while. The books were pretty good, they even surprised me from time to time and I have really gotten fond of all characters.
Check out my review for The Darkest Minds, Never Fade and In the Afterlight

March tbr




Well for my March reading schedule, I decided to less fantasy so I added few contemporary books I wanted to start for a while.

>>Hazel and Holy by Sara C. Snider
As I said, January AND February leftover I got approved on NetGalley. I'll probably procrastinate some more before actually starting to read it.

>> Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
It has been on my tbr for a while and it's being turned into a movie this year so let's go.

>> Gilded Wolves by Roshan Chokshi
Fantasy, historical fiction, heist! I don't know if I have to say more. Hype is big and many say it's like the Six of Crows so I'm in.

>> Truly Devious and The Vanishing Stair by Maureen Johnson
These have really high ratings and a lot of my favorite reviewers/readers love them and since the second book was recently released I want to join the hype.

>> The Astonishing Colour After by Emily X.R. Pan
A lot of recommendations and it sounds really beautiful.

>> Heartless by Marissa Meyer
I've wanted to read this ever since I finished TLC, but now I guess it's time to finally get my lazy ass to do it already.

>>The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
This is just in case I finish other books earlier, which I tend to do lately. Anyway, it's a February release and it sounds pretty good. Dragons!

What about you? What are your February highlights? What do you plan to read in March?

You May Also Like

2 komentari

  1. 10 books, noice heheh XD

    I can't wait for you to read Heartless, it's such a...different retelling XD People either love it or hate it so yeah, I'm curious to see what you'll think. Gilded Wolves is another hyped book so hopefully it's as good as people claim it to be :) Good luck with your TBR ;*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :*
      I'm also really curious about how The Gilded Wolves and Heartless will turn out, so we'll see :D
      -Lara

      Delete