December recap & January tbr | Lara

by - 5:49 pm


Hy guys!
As you can see, my bored brain decided to make a new column (also I am having so much time making banners, although they are ugly lol :) ). I've been doing something like this for a while (just only in my head), planning and deciding which books will I read in foreseeable future. I know January has already begun and I have started reading some of the books I'll mention in tbr, but it'll be cool to have an insight in books I've read/want to read.


December recap 


I've read 7 books in December, 4 of which were fantasy and 3 contemporary. After Queen of Air and Darkness, I decided to take a break of long books and ended up finishing To All the Boys I've loved before trilogy. I wanted to finish my year with something shorter and relaxing so I scheduled a few contemporary books, which I haven't read much this year. Average rating of my books in December was 4,00 and I'm pretty satisfied with those books and the number of books I managed to read.

>> The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
I had no idea I would come to love this story, world, and characters this much. The ending to this trilogy was really amazing and, after mediocre first and pretty good second book, the last book was truly amazing. Only the ending screwed me over pretty much and I can't get over that so I gave it 4 stars, despite the fact I really enjoyed reading.

>> Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare
Huh, I don't know if there is anything for me left to say about this book. A long-expected finale to the Dark Artifices series, continuing the story of the amazing characters I love a great deal. I kind of overhyped this in my head and had too high expectations, so I had a few letdowns. I really love Clare's work and her books used to be my absolute favorites (until recently), I still love them more than universe though, just not as much as I used to.

>> P.S. I still love you, Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
Sequels to All the Boys I've loved before because I truly hate not finishing anything. Although I knew, deep down, I wouldn't like them nearly as much as the first book, I pushed myself into finishing them. They were not all that bad, just dull and watered down, but relaxing and cute from the other perspective.

>> Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
Definitely the best book I've read in December, alongside Queen of Air and Darkness. Fun, badass and cute. Leah Burke is the best character in the whole universe, and not to mention we get to see more of Simon ;)

>> A Darker Shade of Magic, A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
Kell Maresh is my new fictional crush and Lila Bard a life model. A breathtaking story in, a really cool world of magic with the best characters.


January tbr




I want to read 7-10 books this month because the school break is still on. I've been planning on finishing some series I started and reading long-awaited releases from my favorite authors :)

After the perfection A Gathering of Shadows was I can't wait to start reading this. Third and final book in the Shades of Magic series, and I don't know if I'm ready to part with those characters.

*inarticulate screaming* I caaaaaaan't wait for this book. First of all, the cover is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. And second, Jude and Cardan uwu that's all I need to say

>> Villains duology by V.E. Schwab
As you can see I decided to read most of Schwab's work, and I'm really satisfied with my decision so far. There is a huge hype surrounding these books, so I'm quite excited about a dark sci-fi adventure.

I love Lu's books but saw mixed opinions about these, so I guess I'll see. I love going into something expectation-free xd

Also really excited about this one because I love Leigh and her books. 

I probably won't read all of these, but a girl can dream. My all burning ambition won't let me plan less than 10 books ahead...
What about you? What is your current January read and which books are you looking forward to this month?


You May Also Like

3 komentari

  1. Okay, first of all, your banners are not ugly >-> And second of all, I see you decided to read Legend YAY :D

    P.S. I Still Love You was so boring and unnecessary. Just like the third book. BUT considering I LOVED the movie version, I can't wait to see what they do with the sequels. I think this is the only series where I prefer the movies and not the books XD

    Vicious is an amazing book and I'm 100% sure you're gonna love it *u* I personally didn't like the sequel but I'd still recommend Vicious.

    You've probably already seen my TBR for January so I'm not gonna repeat it here, and it's quite long and I'm lazy XD But I'm currently reading United We Spy with my younger sister (she demands she has to read it first because I read all the others so now I have to wait for her to finish it before I can continue reading....#thatsisterlife) and Leaving Paradise. It's kind of a "dark" romance thingy, idk really. So far it's been good, but nothing special. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks but I still need to improve my photoshop skills as soon as possible xd and yes legend is definitely next after I finish Vicious and Vengeful ;)

    If you didn't like P.S I love you I hope you didn't read the third book, because it was even more boring. I said this and I will say it again but To All the Boys I've loved before should have been a standalone. And, about the movie, I watched it before reading book and loved it, so, naturally I like movie more than a book atm. I hope they do a good job with P.S. I love you so I can fangirl again xd

    I am at 30% of Vicious rn and it's really good so far. I don't usually read adult ficiton (I think this is like second adult books I've ever read lol) and it was kind of weird not having a mc who is 17, but as soon as I started it I was all in.

    I feel you, my younger sister sometimes reads some of my books. As you can guess, she is super slow reader and I die and come back from the dead before I can talk to her about anything without spoiling
    -Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, I didn't read the 3rd one, I read the first 2 in Croatian and I was to lazy to continue reading it in English because it wasn't translated XD Yaasss *cries of happiness just thinking about Noah Centineo as Peter*

      Neither do I, that's why I didn't like the sequel. It was a tad bit too "adult" for me XD Idk, I just don't feel comfortable reading that kind of content. That's why I'm glad Vicious wrapped up all the important points so I didn't necessarily have to read the sequel :D

      Ahahahah I see you know the pain XD I guess we'll have to train them better ;D

      Delete